Tiziana Cantone Death Investigation Start

An Italian woman who has been abused online after explicit images and a video of it were widely shared across the country has killed herself.

Footage of 31-year-old Tiziana Cantone, from Naples, performing a sexual act with a man was posted online in the spring of 2015.

He had sent six different videos for five friends to whom she trusted, according to La Repubblica – but as soon as the next day, the clips began to be shared online, appearing on porn sites and social media.

Taunting comments, edited images and video parodies of cruel, many of which use their full name, become their intimate act in a viral Internet phenomenon.

Ridicule online often focuses on a short phrase, throwaway Ms. Cantone, captured in the original footage: “You’re making a video one of the good?”.

A series of rumors posted online by her were reported by the media, as demands that she was trying to become a professional porn star.

Tormented by mimicry, she moved house and changed its name. This month, he won a court case forcing Facebook to crack down on abusive messages.

But after at least two previous attempts, his family suicide, said Ms. Cantone had taken his life while staying at the house of his mother.

In court, the mother of Ms. Maria Teresa Cantone, 58, said her daughter was “unable to untangle herself from the events,” reports La Repubblica.

“I had always been a healthy, normal child,” said Mrs. Teresa.

“Recently, she had been very unhappy. He suffered everything he saw and heard, and in particular demand because he believed that justice had not been done.”

The prosecutor Francesco Greco has opened an investigation into his death, which can set the degree to which the impact of the publication of the video had affected him.

Her friend, Teresa Petrosino, the Corriere della Sera that Ms. Cantone was “distressed” by the developments.

She said, “I wonder how anyone can be so fierce, the form of rage against a girl who has done nothing wrong.

“I think we should be ashamed of all that have filled network of insults and meanwhile secretly seen the pictures.”

Ms Cantone succeeded the video removed from search engines in 2015 but continued to appear around the web in several different ways.

She received a stream of insults and abuses in their social networking accounts every time the video resurfaced.

Back to top button